Queensland Community Support Scheme (QCSS)
Are you under the age of 65 and require support to remain living independently at home, but are not eligible for the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS)?
You may be eligible for assistance under the Queensland Community Support Scheme (QCSS). This program provides a small amount of support, usually between one and five hours per week, for people with a disability, chronic medical illness, mental health or other condition which impacts day-to-day living.
Costs and eligibility
If you are under 65 years old, or under 50 years old for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, you can register with QCSS Access Point to find out if you are eligible for supports.
QCSS is available to people who:
- Are aged 0 – 64 years, or an Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander aged between 0 – 49 years
- Have a disability, chronic medical illness, mental health or other condition which impacts daily living and ability to participate in the community
- Require supports to maintain independence and not eligible for support through other funding (e.g. NDIS)
- Living in the community
QCSS supports are funded by the Queensland Government, however a small contribution is required to access the supports. If you are unable to pay this contribution, financial hardship information is available through one of our friendly coordinators.
Our services are also available to the whole community through fee for service. Whether it’s help with household tasks or maintaining your home we can help you find the service you are looking for.
In Home Supports
In Home Supports can include a wide range of supports including:
- Cleaning and household chores
- Meal preparation
- Personal care and medication support
- Home maintenance
- Garden maintenance
- Personal skill development
Community Connection Supports
Community Connection Supports can include a broad range of supports to assist you to safely access and participate in community activities which are meaningful to you. This can include:
- Support with shopping and accessing essential services like the post office or bank
- Support with appointments
- Social activities in the community, individually or in a group
- Linking in with local community based services that interest you
Our experienced staff provide dedicated, individual support, based on your needs. They will provide a support plan developed with you, to ensure the services we provide are helping you meet your needs and goals.
Talk to a specialist
Contact us today to find out more about this service.