Disability Services Advisory Council (DSAC)
About the DSAC
At Life Without Barriers we have a Disability Services Advisory Council or DSAC. This group is designed to find out about what you think of the services we provide to the people we support so we can improve them. We want to know what is important to you and learn about ways we can help you to have more choice and control in your life.
How DSAC works
The DSAC has members who run groups in each state and territory. They meet twice a year to talk about what is important to people with disability and to advocate for change. They also meet with the members of the Life Without Barriers Board and Chief Executive to share important issues and ideas.
There are also regional groups that meet with their area operations managers and report on issues and provide ideas to the DSAC groups. You can gain support from a local group near you to discuss your concerns and ideas.
What we expect from the people who speak for you
People who are a part of the regional and DSAC groups need to do some important things. These include:
- listening to what other people say
- working as part of a team
- speaking for the local group at state and national meetings.
Our national DSAC members
John Green - Chairperson
Contact Area: Hunter NSW representative
Contact Area: Victorian Representative
Contact Area: Southern NSW Respresntative
Contact Area: Northern Territory Representative
Resources DSAC members want to share
- National Companian Card scheme - Click here: http://www.companioncard.gov.au/
- Don’t dis my ability campaign website - Click here: http://www.dontdismyability.com.au/
- Access to public disabled toilets (MLAK System) - Click here: http://www.masterlocksmiths.com.au/mlak.php
- My Health Record - Click here: https://myhealthrecord.gov.au
- "I'm Okay" - Emergency Readiness for People with Disability - Click here: http://imokay.org.au/
The DSAC is guided by the United Nations Convention on the rights of Persons with Disabilities. You can find out more about DSAC by contacting – Dominique Ryan at email@example.com