Shared and Supported Living
We support people living in their own home, or with one or two others, who need accommodation support in home. Some people want the support a grouped model or house can offer. We have grouped models in many local communities right across Australia. You might share with one or more. We work with people whose needs may mean, that they require a great deal of support over a 24 hour period. Our support is personalised, to what each individual requires.
Host family or alternate family support: Sometime we need others in our life to help out and share the support. We support an alternate family model where a young person lives in the home of another family, either part or full time, with the full consent of their parents.
Supported Living: Some people want the support a grouped model can offer. We have grouped models in many local communities right across Australia. You might share with one or others. You might be in the situation that means have a deal of support coming into your home over a 24 hour period. We offer a range of personal support depending on what each individual requires.
Whichever type of shared living support we offer, all include:
- Support to access services that promote and support your good health and wellbeing
- Support based on a person-centred plan
- An emphasis on the development and maintenance of friendships and social relationships in the local community and beyond
- Active support based on participation in household routines to maintain and build independence
- If you are living in supported accommodation but want to move out on your own, we can help. You might be able to manage somethings on your own and not others. We will only help where you want us to. If you can manage your money but need help learning to cook and travel independently, then we will tailor our support to help you build the skills you need.